At the January SIG meeting, we continued with Jerry Greene’s series on web development tools.
So far in this series, we have covered these tools:
- MySQL Workbench, a free tool from the developers of MySQL.
- NetBeans, a free Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Xdebug, an extension for debugging PHP.
In MySQL Workbench, one of the things you can do is do is enhanced entity–relationship (EER) model (or extended entity–relationship modeling).
1) In relation to a database, an entity is a single person, place, or thing about which data can be stored.
2) In data modeling (a first step in the creation of a database), an entity is some unit of data that can be classified and has stated relationships to other entities.
Additional notes on using these tools:
c/xampp/php/ext <—— install xbebug file here
c/xampp/php/php.ini <——– add the following line to point to directory for xbebug
zend_extension = “C:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug-2.3.1-5.6-vc11.dll” Add this line
We will continue next month by showing how to use these tools to put together some interesting reports.