After a snowed-out February meeting, we started by looking at an open source editor called Brackets and used it for our demo editor.
We then resumed our look at styling a tiled navigation menu. We reviewed our previous steps, and spent some time on the overflow: property, which our example uses to clear the floats. We started creating the tiles by giving our anchors the declaration display:block and assigning a size to them. We took a look at the lengthy declaration used to style those anchors and noted that making it shorter could have unintended styling results in the body of the page.
Finally, we began working on the CSS sprite by reviewing the rules for background images and positioning. We will do more on those topics next month and then give the tiles their icons.